Post Reply 
Moon MiND playlists don't play
20-09-2016, 18:36
Post: #25
RE: Moon MiND playlists don't play
(20-09-2016 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 23:06)Michael Kay Wrote:  Ahh, this will be the cause. It changed to the 0.7 ending recently following a whole system reboot, since which the playlists have not worked. It is a Synology 214Play - but how do I lock its IP address because it has changed by itself on previous occasions before too (but I wasn't using playlists then)?

There are two ways to do this. You can configure a fixed IP address in Synology DSM or you can add a DHCP reservation in your router that ensures the router always uses the same address for the NAS.

To do this using Synology DSM, go to Control Panel > Network and select the Network Interface tab. Select LAN and click Edit. Change "Get network configuration automatically (DHCP)" to "Use manual configuration". Change the IP address field from 192.168.0.7 to what you were using previously, then click OK. This should make your saved playlists start working again.

Hello Simon,

Many thanks - this has worked and all my Playlists are working again. I did as you said above and just to be doubly sure I've also locked the router IP for the NAS to the same IP address as well. Hope that isn't a problem. So everything is working just right again. Thanks for sticking with me and sorting this out and your instructions were very clear above too. I'll send a donation for your help!

Thanks again,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: Moon MiND playlists don't play - Michael Kay - 20-09-2016 18:36

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)