Post Reply 
New to Minimserver - a few questions
04-05-2013, 17:43
Post: #10
RE: New to Minimserver - a few questions
Thanks Simon; here's a quick update on how I have got on:-
1. Album Art - I don't pretend to understand the details discussed since your response, so I can only describe the behaviour I see when using different Media Servers. With the Synology Media Server I can select a device specific profile of "Default with Original Cover" and I get the full album art with no lag at all (in displaying the art) when scrolling through album list in n-Stream. I think this is particular to how n-Stream is caching, because if I use PlugPlayer as my CP, there is a lag.

However, with Minimserver it doesn't look like the images are being cached in n-Stream at all, so I guess there must be something different in how the images are sent, received and processed by n-Stream (between the Synology and Minimserver).

Don't know if this helps anyone - happy to try out more servers/CP if that would help

2. thanks - now sorted
3. Fine, thanks I just wanted to check
4. all.sortValue.ignoreThe - I thought you might find the response from Naim interesting (thanks to Naim for quick response)

Naim stated that if I enabled 'UPNP compatibility mode' then 'The' would be ignored. However, this would result in the loss of some CP functionality (mainly queuing and playlist support within n-Stream), which is not acceptable to me.

I replied asking 'Why wouldn’t Naim want to provide this option outside of compatibility mode?', to which they replied 'We don’t implement the “Ignore A and The” option – that’s implemented by the UPnP server itself. There is no setting for this that can be passed over the UPnP protocol – it’s simply a function of the UPnP server and how it sorts it’s lists."

I find this response confusing to be honest - can anyone else make sense of it?

5. Distinguishing singles - not tried this yet; I was wondering if I can exclude the Singles from the main Album list once I have done this? Any thoughts appreciated

Apols for the long post and thanks for everyone's help!

Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Minimserver - a few questions - stampie - 04-05-2013 17:43
Custom views - realmassy - 12-07-2013, 11:42
RE: Custom views - simoncn - 12-07-2013, 13:00
RE: Custom views - Oliviander - 14-07-2013, 07:34
RE: Custom views - winxi - 14-07-2013, 10:33
RE: Custom views - simoncn - 14-07-2013, 16:14
RE: Custom views - winxi - 15-07-2013, 00:16
RE: Custom views - Oliviander - 17-07-2013, 22:54
RE: Custom views - simoncn - 18-07-2013, 07:33
RE: Custom views - Oliviander - 18-07-2013, 16:53

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)