Post Reply 
Viewing XML metadata
26-10-2019, 13:00
Post: #1
Viewing XML metadata
Hello Simon,

My music streamer vendor (Cambridge Audio) has developed a completely new control point app which has an anomaly displaying artists compared to the current app.

My music library consists of FLAC files with customised VORBIS tags. For a solist, an ARTIST tag looks like this: Mullova, Victoria (vln) - so I can search on an artist's surnames. My tagOptions properties includes Artist.reverseName.display so I see the artist name on the existing app displayed as Victoria Mullova (vln). The new app displays Mullova, Victoria (vln)

I would like to confirm that the meta data values in the DIDL-Lite XML sent to the control point are what I expect.

I came across a similar post from user cabinpad to which you replied :-

(25-09-2018 16:27)simoncn Wrote:  It sounds like the Naim control point is trying to be helpful by displaying the artist information when this isn't the same for all tracks in the album.

If you set the logging level in the MinimServer log window to Trace, you will see all the XML metadata that MinimServer sends to the control point.

I am running MinimServer on a Synology NAS (DS213 ARMv5 processor) and MinimWatch o a Windows10 PC.
I can't find logging level anywhere in the Advanced Properties panel (in MinimWatch) to set this property.
Is there a setting I can manually add to the minimserver.config file on the NAS?

Thanks.

JohnT
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Viewing XML metadata - JohnT - 26-10-2019 13:00
RE: Viewing XML metadata - Alandbush - 26-10-2019, 21:42
RE: Viewing XML metadata - simoncn - 27-10-2019, 08:00
RE: Viewing XML metadata - JohnT - 30-10-2019, 12:40

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)