Post Reply 
0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
16-06-2013, 12:34
Post: #5
RE: 0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
(15-06-2013 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 17:59)macrotech Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 15:02)bbrip Wrote:  date formats with spaces in between (like "2008 02") are certainly not standard date formats so I wouldn't be surprised that this causes poblems.

Well, all the other date tags I've looked at, that Minim Server is perfectly happy with, are of the form 1993 07 26. Just year and month seems OK to me as well.

Dates with space separators are invalid according to the UPnP spec. This is why you are getting these warnings.

As a special case, MinimServer recognizes the invalid date format "yyyy mm dd" and converts it internally to the valid format "yyyy-mm-dd".

MinimServer also recognizes the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy" and sends this to the control point as "yyyy-01-01".

MinimServer doesn't currently recognize the invalid date format "yyyy mm" or the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy-mm". I will add support for both these formats in a future release. When this support is available, MinimServer will convert "yyyy mm" internally to "yyyy-mm" and will send it to the control point as "yyyy-mm-01".

Simon - thank you. Superb service as always!

I've used MP3Tag to add an 01 to the errant date tags so they are read correctly for the moment. The Minim Watch log really is very useful for showing me all the duff tags. It also picked up some conflicting Album Artists as well.

Any tag I've looked at so far does have the format yyyy mm dd though, so why are all my tags "invalid"?

Thanks

Kevin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: 0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors - macrotech - 16-06-2013 12:34

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)