Post Reply 
Minim for fanless NAS
02-07-2013, 23:00
Post: #5
RE: Minim for fanless NAS
(02-07-2013 22:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 22:01)triplem Wrote:  Hi there,

me is using a TonidoPlug2 and Java is running on this one. Minimserver is not yet installed, but should work as well. I have installed ArchLinux ARM on it, which seems to be available for the GoFlex as well (http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/...ex-home.).

If you are comfortable with setting up Linux, there are many options for running a plug computer as a fanless NAS with MinimServer. I have done this successfully with a SheevaPlug, a MiraBox and a Raspberry Pi.

Trank you both for some interesting alternatives. I am not realy comfortable with Linux, but maybe I can find Simone who is. It would Five me the opportunity to have a high end Equipment look-alike. Of not I max go for the synology. Is the 1-bay equally silent? A Music only NAS does't Need Raid. The Content is rather stable After some time. I make two copies, one not in the house! Much safer zehn any Type of Raid. By the Way the link to archlinux doesn't work for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
Minim for fanless NAS - rokalf - 02-07-2013, 20:16
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - simoncn - 02-07-2013, 20:39
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - triplem - 02-07-2013, 22:01
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - simoncn - 02-07-2013, 22:24
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - rokalf - 02-07-2013 23:00
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - simoncn - 03-07-2013, 09:47
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - winxi - 03-07-2013, 15:55
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - simoncn - 03-07-2013, 16:17
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - magister - 03-07-2013, 19:06
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - uk75 - 05-07-2013, 11:05
RE: Minim for fanless NAS - flaude - 11-07-2013, 18:32

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)