|
Feature request: clear cache on next restart
|
|
06-10-2013, 19:44
Post: #28
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Feature request: clear cache on next restart
(06-10-2013 18:38)simoncn Wrote: Yes, that's the reason for using the same icon for a local instance of MinimServer running on the same computer and any number of other MinimServer instances running on your home network. (I often have three or four of these icons active.) In all cases, the icon represents a MinimServer instance that you are managing via the icon's menu and dialogs. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this issue and can live with the current setup. I also understand the philosophical position you have taken for this interface design. However, my case for a change is based on what I presume to be the fact that MinimServer is a UPnP server application, while MinimWatch is a remote control application for an instance of MinimServer running on another system. Despite the similar user interface requirements, they are two very different apps and to blur the distinction creates the risk of user confusion, especially over key issues like the default location of files. It certainly confused me! Every other remote control app for a UPnP/DLNA server I have come across so far has been given a different name, appearance and icon from the server it controls on another system, e.g. Gizmo and JRemote for J River Media Center, Synology DS Audio and DS Video for Audio Station and Video Station. I am well aware that these are not exact analogies to the MinimServer/MinimWatch situation but they are close enough to make my point. I can't think of another example in Windows of two separate apps being presented as virtually identical. There are clearly two ways of viewing this matter. Einstein's General Theory of Relativity may provide a useful unifying approach ... ![]() David |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help




