Post Reply 
controller cannot see minimServer
25-01-2014, 16:40
Post: #37
RE: controller cannot see minimServer
(25-01-2014 16:20)simoncn Wrote:  What router are you using, and which control point applications have you tried?

As a test to confirm the problem, disable and re-enable MinimServer on the QNAP. If this makes it show up immediately in the control points, this confirms it's a multicast issue.

The router I use is the standard one provided by my internet supplier (Telenet, Begium). The type is CBN SVG6540E.

My digicorder (to watch and record televison) is also discoverable in the uPnP devices but if I switch it off I can't watch recorded programs on my 2nd tv.

The apps I frequently us are the Denon app (on iPad) and Media:Connect.
The Kinsky app seems to be quicker (but also here Minimserver always loads last) in discovering but I never use it since it always stops after playing 1 track.

The restart of Minimserver indeed gave an improvement. Now it shows up right away even after closing and restarting the app.

For the test I also unplugged my digiboxes. If these are the cause than I don't know how to fix this (without reconfiguring it everytime I want to watch recorded programs).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
RE: controller cannot see minimServer - ppienter - 25-01-2014 16:40

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)