Post Reply 
cataloguing artist names
15-02-2014, 19:19
Post: #11
RE: cataloguing artist names
(15-02-2014 15:44)simoncn Wrote:  I agree that reversal from "firstname(s) lastname(s)" to "lastname(s), firstname(s)" can't be fully automated, and a semi-automated approach as you have described in these posts is the best solution. I believe it is possible for MinimServer to provide full automation for the opposite direction, with any unavoidable exceptions being handled by separate ArtistSort and Artist (etc.) tags.

I agree that there is no practical alternative to this approach. I assume that you will take any comma as the splitting point, and names without a comma will be left alone.

Of course, name data collected from online databases is typically in first name - last name format, and so will have to be reversed, ideally using the semi-automated method (dBpoweramp does in fact provide reversed names when it populates the ComposerSort tag, and this will save the user a job in many cases). At the point when the new feature becomes available, it would be helpful to have documentation in place to help users get the best from it. Maybe some sort of tutorial is needed, after all?

Quote:I'm hoping to start work on implementing this soon.

That's good news

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Messages In This Thread
cataloguing artist names - yurkot - 03-02-2014, 04:21
RE: cataloguing artist names - yurkot - 10-02-2014, 22:58
RE: cataloguing artist names - bbrip - 14-02-2014, 14:09
RE: cataloguing artist names - DavidHB - 15-02-2014 19:19

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)