|
MinimWatch vs. Browser
|
|
18-09-2026, 19:34
Post: #11
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
Ideally there would be a way to view the log in the MinimServer web UI but it is difficult to implement this with reasonable performance.
The Java APIs allow adding and deleting text in a text pane very efficiently, which enables new lines to be added at the end of the log window and old log lines to be removed from the start of the window in real time even when trace logging is enabled and the log window is being updated over the network by MinimWatch. Tuning this to achieve the required performance was a very large amount of work. In contrast, HTML/Javascript doesn't have APIs that enable modifying the contents of a text pane efficiently, so the log window would contain a very large text string that needs to be replaced in its entirety every time there is an update (clearly not practical). I can think of ways to get around this but this would require a completely new log implementation (based on log pages rather than a single log string) and I suspect that after doing this work it might still not be possible to tune the implementation to achieve acceptable performance. |
|||
|
18-09-2026, 20:29
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2026 21:30 by Stake.)
Post: #12
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
Thank you, Simon.
Really I‘m not interested in real time logging. All I ever want is to clear the log from time to time. Deleting the log file does the job for me. I can do this via my file explorer on Windows or in the File Station on my QNAP. I can also look into the database using the same access tools. So I am perfectly happy as it is. Obviously MinimWatch does indeed not render any added value to me. This is all I wanted to know. Thank you all. |
|||
|
21-09-2026, 04:31
Post: #13
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
Where is the location of the log file on the NAS, ie folder? What is the name of the file?
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 06:24
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2026 06:24 by Stake.)
Post: #14
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
You can see the location of the log file on the Properties --> System page of your MinimServer.
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 09:53
Post: #15
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
See this section for the default location of the log file on various plaforms.
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 16:03
Post: #16
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
Dont hink that is the log I am looking for. Minimwatch log of scanned items with all tags errors is the one I am after.
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 16:14
Post: #17
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
I found the log on my server (/opt/minimserver/data/minimserver.log inside the container-music container). The only way to access it is by logging to the NAS directly, not very user friendly, Are they any plans to add view/clear log from the web option page?
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 19:54
Post: #18
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
I have updated the documentation to include the default log location in Docker containers.
Adding support for viewing the log from the MinimServer configuration page is difficult, as described in post #11. |
|||
|
21-09-2026, 19:59
Post: #19
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
Thank you....and if you have time :-)
|
|||
|
21-09-2026, 21:02
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2026 21:27 by simbun.)
Post: #20
|
|||
|
|||
RE: MinimWatch vs. Browser
(21-09-2026 16:14)bobrock Wrote: I found the log on my server (/opt/minimserver/data/minimserver.log inside the container-music container). The only way to access it is by logging to the NAS directly, not very user friendlyYou could mount a host directory to the container's /opt/minimserver/data directory and access it from there. Code: -v "/path/to/directory/on/host":/opt/minimserver/data:rw |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



