|
Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
|
|
03-02-2019, 15:49
Post: #1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
I have MS hitting my C:/User/Music folder. It is seeing the subfolders there, but I also have shortcut links to some folders on H:/User/Music, which it is not seeing. I'm using the HiFi Cast app to see my collection and playback.
Anyone know of a fix? Up until now I've been using Logitech Music Server, and the HiFi cast app recognizes the folder shortcuts. Thanks |
|||
|
03-02-2019, 18:12
Post: #2
|
|||
|
|||
| RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer | |||
|
03-02-2019, 18:48
Post: #3
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
they are windows explorer shortcuts.
|
|||
|
03-02-2019, 19:27
Post: #4
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
Could you change them to file system symbolic links or add equivalent file system symbolic links?
|
|||
|
04-02-2019, 15:27
Post: #5
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
(03-02-2019 15:49)tapeworm48 Wrote: I have MS hitting my C:/User/Music folder. It is seeing the subfolders there, but I also have shortcut links to some folders on H:/User/Music, which it is not seeing. I'm using the HiFi Cast app to see my collection and playback. I can confirm that I frequently use symbolic links inside my minimserver library, without any problem. However, windows explorer shortcuts do not work at all. |
|||
|
05-02-2019, 00:57
Post: #6
|
|||
|
|||
| RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer | |||
|
05-02-2019, 06:29
Post: #7
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
(05-02-2019 00:57)tapeworm48 Wrote: i'm not familiar with these. are they fairly simple to setup? https://sourceforge.net/projects/symlink-creator/ or type MKLINK from within a cmd window and follow the help given there. I would prefer simply adding multiple contentDirs since this works now and you remember how to added them some day in the future when you had to reinstall windows for some reason. Since then you likely forgot about the fact that ordinary links didn't work. |
|||
|
23-02-2019, 14:31
Post: #8
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
(05-02-2019 06:29)aliasname Wrote:(05-02-2019 00:57)tapeworm48 Wrote: i'm not familiar with these. are they fairly simple to setup? i went down the cmd window route, and it said you don't have sufficient privileges. i'm the admin for the PC. anyone know the workaround? thanks. |
|||
|
23-02-2019, 15:31
Post: #9
|
|||
|
|||
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
(23-02-2019 14:31)tapeworm48 Wrote:Right click on the Windows icon at left of the task bar. Click the Execute item. Type cmd in the open entry box. Do not simply hit enter, instead type CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to run the command as admin. A dialog box will open aking for an authorization to do so.Click OK.(05-02-2019 06:29)aliasname Wrote:(05-02-2019 00:57)tapeworm48 Wrote: i'm not familiar with these. are they fairly simple to setup? Hope this helps. |
|||
|
23-02-2019, 18:47
Post: #10
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Shortcuts not found by MinimServer
Another way to do this is to right-click on the Command Prompt launch icon and select Run as administrator.
|
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Search
Member List
Calendar
Help



